THIS JUST IN: Order a pair of handmade socks--or slippers--to match your favorite pajamas! You saw it first, here, at Groovy Tuesday's! What a great gift idea!
Below are just a few of examples...
Now is the time to place your orders for Christmas Gift Socks! Hand crocheted socks from wool/alpaca/silk/acrylic blends. I purchase only the best yarn that I can afford from the America's for these gift socks, in fact, much of the yarn I have in stock is from a Kentucky Alpaca farm. You can find them here: KentuckyBlueFiber
Prices: Adults: $25.99, Kids/Teens: $20.99, and Infants/Toddlers: $12.99 The adult and kids socks are a basic crew-style length and are a little thicker than regular socks you wear with shoes. Here is the information I need for your made-to-order socks:
1) Foot length from heel to tallest toe or shoe size.
2) Foot circumference around the instep or shoe size.
3) Your first color choices, and an alternate color. If you want just one color, tell me. If you want a variegated color (self-striping) let me know the main color.
4) Although I can probably figure it out from the measurements, please make sure you tell me if the sock (s) are for an Adult, Kid, or Infant.
5) Let me know your fiber preference. Wool blends are usually for winter socks, while cottons, bamboo, silk are usually for summer socks. But, some folks are allergic to wool, so PLEASE give me some guidance on your fiber choice. I'll do my best to work with you.
SPECIAL OFFER: PURCHASE THREE PAIR OF SOCKS AND RECEIVE 10% OFF OF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!
Please allow 2 weeks for completion. This gives me time to find your color choices if I don't already have it in stock. PRICE INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING TO LOCATIONS IN 48 CONTIGUOUS USA. Actual shipping to other locations will be added via email invoice.
Just submit contact form with the above information, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for supporting America's Cottage Industries!
Yeah, "Johnson-Hall" was just too plain and ordinary. We are waay too groovy here for that, aren't we?
Here's something really funny: Alice wants to take a trip into the attic to see my stash.
I nearly died laughing.
She has NO idea.
I'll take pictures.
(Refer to earlier postings on hoarding.)
Did you know when a box of yarn is opened its volume triples in size, like, not immediately, but pretty darned quick? Kinda like popcorn and expand-a-foam. So, I'm just saying the stash I may have started with 5 years ago may have gotten...uh...a little bit bigger over the years.
Doug mumbles, "no doubt."
who are we?
We are avid seamstresses and crafters since the ORIGINAL 1970's, and we're still going strong. We're also yarn, fabric, and pattern hoarders. ("Speak for yourself," protests Alice.) We, ok, I haven't parted with my stash in over 40 years until now. Maybe we'll have something that you just can't live without! Enjoy browsing!
Click on box above to go to our Compost site for information on usage guidelines and how to purchase!
All photos and stories on this website are the property of Dianna Johnson unless otherwise indicated. Please don't copy them and call them your own. Plagiarism is not only really rude and mean, but it is against the law. I have made every effort to give credit to other artists when I have used their work, and would ask that you do the same if you use mine! Thanks.